Get to know Turismo d’O Século
O Século Tourism is an area with special impact on the sustainability of the O Século Foundation, a public utility and social purpose institution that inherits the almost century old patrimony of the O Século Bathing Colony.
O Século Foundation develops a non-profit activity of social interest, with emphasis on the permanent reception of children, youth and refugees of different nationalities.
Your stay with us can contribute to the improvement of the living conditions and welfare of these people.
Given the nature and essential objectives of the Foundation, the main goal is not to provide conditions of excellence, but to offer, on the hand, the possibility to live a different experience, with a social purpose.
The rooms are located in a separate and independent area from the area allocated to the social activity developed by the “O Século” Foundation, and were decorated by a team of 17 designers and decorators who, in 2013 (inauguration date), are dedicated to the customization of each room.
Turismo d’O Século offers accommodation in double rooms, and you can choose between private or shared bathrooms.
Guests can also try traditional Portuguese menus in the “Turismo d’O Século” canteen and enjoy the view from our balcony/terrace, accessible to all our guests.
The property has direct access to São Pedro do Estoril beach, where guests can enjoy the excellent proximity to the sea and simply relax and rest in the sun.
This unit offers affordable accommodation in a prime location. By staying with us, you will be contributing to help fund the social work carried out by the Institution, which assists more than 700 people daily.
Need more information?
Visiting Cascais and Lisbon Areas
The Guest House O Século is located in a privileged region with a great concentration of points of high tourist interest.
In terms of landscape, the Sintra mountain range, the Guincho coast and the entire coastline that stretches from Cascais to Lisbon are worth a visit. A little further away, within a radius of less than 70 km, you can visit the Arrábida Natural Park or the beaches of Ericeira and “Maçãs”.
The whole region is rich in beaches of different landscape contours, where the practice of water sports is generally possible and where surf schools proliferate. At a greater distance, 140 km, is Nazaré and its giant waves, above 20 meters.
From a cultural point of view, the town of Sintra, rich in monuments, is a World Heritage Site and also offers a unique richness in the country in terms of forests, being included in the Sintra Cascais Natural Park.
And, of course, you have Lisbon 26 km away, with rail accessibility in the back of the Fundação O Século, with all its monumentality and its natural landscape wealth.
Points of interest
In the immediate vicinity of the Foundation and its Guest House, there is an endless list of points of interest, of which we highlight
- Sea – beaches, water sports (Surf, Windsurf, Kitesurf, Sailing, among others);
- Estoril Casino;
- Lighthouse of Santa Marta;
- Cidadela Palace;
- Maritime promenade between Oeiras and Cascais;
- Cascais Marina;
- Cascais Shopping;
- Estoril Race Track;
- Estoril Congress Center;
- Museums – Sea Museum; Paula Rego Houses, among others;
- Tennis courts;
- Gastronomy (fish and seafood);
- Gardens – Gandarinha, Marechal Carmona Park
At the Guest House reception you can find more detailed information about these points of interest and the cultural agendas of Cascais, Sintra and Lisbon or get indications of restaurants and bars in the area.
How to get to O Século
The accessibility to the O Século Foundation and its Guest House has several alternatives:
- From Lisbon from the Humberto Delgado Airport:
- Using transportation – Take the Metro at the Airport station (Red Line) and up to the Cais Sodré station (Green Line) where you should take the Train (Cascais Line) towards Cascais. You should get off at São Pedro do Estoril Station, which is located at the back of “O Século” Foundation. In 5 minutes you will be at O Século Guest House.
- By car – Leaving the airport you should take the 2ª Circular, take the CRIL in the direction of Sacavém/Algés. Then take the A5 freeway in the direction of Cascais. Passing the Carcavelos tolls, exit in the direction of Carcavelos. Enter the Estrada Marginal and, in São Pedro do Estoril, access our Accommodation unit by entering from Rua da Colónia Balnear (access to the BP service station).
CLEAN & SAFE
Thinking about the comfort and safety of our customers, employees and users, we follow all the recommendations of the General Directorate of Health and Tourism of Portugal, with the greatest rigor and flexibility of services, in order to provide all our customers with the Safety, Hygiene and Well-Being during your stays.
To find out more about our campaigns, promotions and discounts for families, companies and small groups, contact us on 21 464 98 88 or via email at email@example.com.